Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Photoshopping Techniques

In honor of the one-year anniversary coming up, here are some examples of all the awesome things you can do with photoshop. It's so fun and exciting! This other photographer, Jason Snyder http://jasonsnyderphotographer.blogspot.com/, a fantastic inspiration of mine, now does the same thing on his blog but better. Also, a shoutout to our new fan Jen, who is not a swimmer but a diver!
Here's the original photo.
Here, all I did was edit out the logo on the sweatshirt.
In this one, I opened all the editing options and just clicked Auto and let Adobe do its thing.

This is called the Lomo Camera Effect
I don't know how it works, but you cross process the picture, and then add a black vignette.
In this one, I changed the apparent "depth of field"
First, I blurred the picture. Then I used the gradiant tool over the faces. Finally, I increased the blur of the rest of the photo.
This one is the Orton Effect, invented by Michael Orton. Personally, I don't like it, but apparently some people do because it's famous.


This is self-explanatory, it's a picture pile. Kind of weird; cool I guess. I don't really know when someone would really want to use this?
Here's some Pop Art, like Andy Warhol.
First, you "posterize" your image, then add a "Neon Glow Effect", then duplicate the image.
This is done with a Reflection.
First you add the reflection, then use the Eyedropper Tool to get the color, do some distortion, then add a gradient. cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment